Saturday, March 24, 2012

My first Birchbox!



So I could not help myself and a few weeks ago I bought a yearlong subscription to Birchbox. If you don't know, it is a monthly subscription service where for ten dollars a month the company sends you five to six beauty samples.

The samples range from makeup to hair care to skin care to tools and even lifestyle products. I think this is genius. There are now a ton of these companies out there but I just adore Birchbox personally. The great thing is if you fall in love with anything you can buy the full size on the website!



So my Birchbox had five items: 
the Ahava Essential Day Moisturizer, normal to dry
 I haven't tried this yet because I'm trying to get rid of all the moisturizers I already have, but on my hand it felt so light and yet moisturized.

 Eau d'Hadrien by Annick Goutal
 The downer about this it it doesn't have a spray, it has a wand you apply it with. It isn't my favorite scent but it isn't that bad. It was inspired by Tuscan citrus groves.

Color Club nail polish in Jackie Oh!
 I've never owned a neon polish in my life, so I was happy to see this. While I'm not the biggest pink fan in the world, I really do love this color, and the name is awesome.

 the Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Cleanser
 I have always been intrigued by Juice Beauty because I love really healthy product lines, so I can't wait to try this, plus with the warmer weather I've been sweating more and breaking out a little more so this is just in time.
 the Kerastase Elixir Ultime

 I usually hate putting any product in my hair, I don't blow dry it I don't style it or anything. (I'm lucky and don't really need to.) However, I tried this, and it was amazing, my hair wasn't greasy and it smells wonderful. It softened my hair and I will certainly use it again.

and finally Tea Forte teas.

I love tea. I haven't had too many kinds of it but I'll try anything once. I'm skeptical with the first one, only because I hate cherry. It is the one thing I depise. However, we'll see :)

I think Birchbox was a true success, and I reccomend it for anyone who wants to just treat themselves. I know personally, samples usually last me a long time, so it is worth it. Plus you get points for doing reviews on the website and 110 points = $10 (which I got for buying the year subscription instead of monthly). Plus there are so many items in the shop that if you didn't want to wait to try something you could just go for it!


All photos taken by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...