Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday: Birthday Make-up Haul

Hello Hello! So I'm going to try and make each day a new topic to write about for each week. So for example, Mondays may be all about make-up. So I decided I wanted to start with a haul. I just had my 22nd birthday on the 27th and I asked my mom for a bunch of stuff from Sephora. I really love everything I got so I am going to share :)
Okay, so this was from my brother, he got me Gold by Michael Kors. I love this, it is a smell that you need to get adjusted to, but after you do it is amazing. The notes are: Tuberose, Magnolia, Freesia, Violet, Peppery Peony, and Ambergris. It is a very rich smell, but you can tell there is a floral hint to it. I just adore this, but I don't know if I love it more than my Stellanude by Stella McCartney :)
So this is Candlelight by Too Faced. I was so intrigued by this product because it said that it was an invisible powder. Yes, the color is invisible, but my God how there is shimmer in it. It says that you can use it all over your face, but for myself it was a little much. I'd only apply it to your forehead, the cheeks, the temples, and maybe on your nose. I think the shimmer is a little too concentrated, but I do love this as a highlighter. Plus it feels so fancy since there is real crushed gold in it ;)
Next up is Hervana by Benefit, and this is perfection. I have really been into blushes lately and while I really don't love pink; this is the perfect baby pink. The color just works for practically anyone. It applies a little light, which is good because I hate seeing people with loads of blush on. So if you want a deeper color, just apply in layers. Just like all their boxed powders, they smell amazing and they are just so cute. I actually really love the angled brush that comes with it too.
So, I should have taken a better picture but oh well. I just need to say that Urban Decay is starting to become my favorite ever for eye makeup. Their eye shadows are to kill for and so are their eyeliners. I got this set of 5 which are called the darks. I love them. The colors included are: Oil Slick (black with silver sparkle), Stash (a olive green), Corrupt (chocolate brown), Graffiti (emerald green), and Ransom (a duo chrome of blue and purple).
Excuse my horribly pale skin. Then I got the Stila In The Light Eyeshadow Palette, however I have to return it because one of the shadows was broken :( Here's a picture from the site though :)
Finally, I have saved the best for last! I got the Laura Mercier Lingerie Eye and Cheek palette. Oh my goodness, I am in love. It is gorgeous, both blushes are great and so pigmented. The eye shadows are incredible colors that all go together so well. I wore the 2nd down on the left side as a lid color and the 2nd down on the right as my crease color, it is amazeballs.
So I hope you enjoyed and until tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...