Sunday, January 13, 2013

January Birchbox!


It is January Birchbox time!



First up, is the Put A Lid On It eye primer from the Balm Cosmetics. I have so many eye primer samples it is stupid, but I am interested to compare this to the rest. On the skin it just felt like it provided moisture and not much else. A full size is $18. 


I love the brand Fresh. I love that they use good ingredients and their lip balm is to die for. I adore the Soy Face Wash but usually their face moisturizers are crazy expensive. This is no different, full size is $42 but I am excited to try this either way. This is the Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream. It is described as a moisturizer with "antioxidant-rich lotus flower extracts, this lush moisturizer protects skin from the free radicals and hydrates for a full 24 hours". I have a feeling this might make me fall in love. We will see!


I was pretty pleased when I saw this little guy. It is a nail polish by alessandro, which is exclusively partnered with Birchbox. This is a color called blue lagoon. I don't have a blue like this it is more of a slate/grey blue. I cannot wait to try this color out! A full size is $12.


 I have a love-hate relationship with Ojon. Most of their stuff smells so horrible to me that I just cannot use it. I have their texturizing spray and I love it. So I was iffy when I got this. This is the Damage Reverse Instant Restorative Hair Serum which is said to have ojon and macadamia oils to smooth and hydrate. I have only tried it once but I think it may be too much for my shorter hair. I find with my short hair I can't really use oils because it makes my hair greasy. With my long hair, it is no problem. A full size is $25. 


Finally, is the Harvey Prince fragrance Skinny Chic. This is not the first Harvey Prince fragrance I've gotten from Birchbox and if my memory serves me right I am not a big fan. I find them to be too overwhelming and just a strange mix of fruit and flowers. This is a "blend of juicy Meyer lemon, white grapefruit, and pink plumeria". A full size is $21-$55. Not a favorite. 


They included a cute poster full of favorite products and on the other side 25 tips for the new year. Pretty nice but I don't know if I'll hang it up :-P






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...