Monday, October 22, 2012

Working with kids makes you feel old

I don't know why but working with the kids makes me feel older every single day. I'm just not able to keep up with them as much as I'd like to. This is especially true with my kindergarteners, I love those little guys but I cannot chase them for a full hour like they want! Thank goodness for my partner in crime, Eric, he does most of the chasing. He is known as "the monster" and I am known as "Miss Big Fishie".

Here's the story behind the name, because I know you're wondering:
The kids on one of the first days were using the jump ropes as fishing poles. So I decided to play along and grab the end hanging off the playground and be the fish. Well they loved it so much, they decided I was the big fish and they needed to catch me. I think I might have added the "miss" part but either way they love it. They don't even call me Jen anymore, simply Miss Big Fishie. They have all become my little fishies too. It is actually adorable and I love that they are still excited to see Miss Big Fishie, because I love seeing all my little fishies just as much :)
So that is the story behind my nickname! Even the older kids think its funny and they'll call me it. They're just being funny, so it doesn't bother me.

Anyways, the point of this post was for me to comment on how well my make-up held up after today. My nose is a little red and my under eye concealer is faded but hey, not bad for running around with 1st and 2nd grade girls today!

 Oh to be young again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...