Monday, June 11, 2012

Fitness Series! Let's get me healthy!

Picture from wikepedia

Let me preface this entire post by saying, I know, I'm the last person on earth you expected to be making this post. Don't worry I wasn't expecting it either!

As I've mentioned in the past I am not exactly a "healthy" person, and I don't only mean in the food and lack of exercise sense. I've got fibromayalgia, I am usually sick with some sort of infection a few times a month, and I've got pretty bad joints due to dance and just being me.

However, one of the biggest things that can help with fibro, they say, is exercise. I'm exhausted of constantly being in pain, and I rarely complain about it or even mention it...but it's gotten pretty bad.

Plus, I've gained some weight and I haven't felt great about myself and how I look. I'm not strong at all in my arms and I've lost most of the strength I had in my legs.

So what is a girl to do? Get off her ass and start working out!

So here's the deal, I am going to post everyday about the exercise I do. I have a plan in place and I am going to try and stick to it.

What I am attempting to do :
- running
- yoga
- 100 pushup challenge
- 200 squat challenge
- Beach babe workout by Tone It Up

Those are the five things my exercise will consist of...however I won't be doing it all at once. This week I've decided to start with running 10 minutes a day, and doing the 100 pushup challenge. If you don't know about the challenge don't worry, tomorrow I am going to do a post on it.

My running though is broken up into this: 1 minute of walking, 2 minutes jogging (3mph), 4 minutes of running (4mph), 2 minutes of jogging, and 1 minute of walking. 10 minutes may seem wimpy and 4mph may not seem that fast...but hey, I have to start with baby steps!

Happy fitness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...