Friday, May 11, 2012

May Birchbox!

It is May Birchbox time! It was really interesting seeing a black box come in the mail yesterday, and when I opened it I discovered that it was a Gossip Girl Birchbox! I haven't really stayed too up to date on the show but I do love me some GG!

First item that stuck out to me was the Dr. Jart + Waterfuse BB Cream. I adore BB creams for the most part, with the exception of that one bad run in with the Garnier one. However, I've been eying this one for a while so I was excited.
Sadly, I have a MAJOR gripe about this. The sample isn't huge but I wasn't too heartbroken. I've tried it for two days and there is literally nothing left. You would think they'd actually fill the tube but no such luck. If I want to maybe get one more use, I'm going to have to take scissors to the top of the tube.

This is the brand's fault, not Birchbox. They don't manufacture the products, but Birchbox should be aware of this.  Anyways, I wasn't impressed the first time I used it, I didn't think it covered very well. But I used a little more today and I am pleasantly surprised. It feels nice, it isn't a grey or orange color, so it blends so nice.

Next up, is probably my favorite product: the Stila sparkle waterproof liquid eyeliner! It is a full size product first off, and I love it! It is this olive green that is so gorgeous and it has glitter in it but let me tell you; that glitter will not budge! The color is called Flash and I'm so in love. I literally had to scrape the swatch off my hand, it has amazing staying power. The applicator is awesome too, practically fool proof!



Then in the box was a twistband, which I think is great because I can never have enough hair ties. I always find myself needing to throw my hair up. I bought a pack of them from Sephora and I love them!
I was happy to see this next product - Ojon volume advance Volumizing Conditioner. I haven't really been using conditioner for the last few weeks. So it was probably due time for me to start again :) I used it today and my hair feels pretty soft and a little more light. It feels a little oily so I'm not sure if that is just me or if it is the product. I'll try it some more and see.

The last product was a fragrance by BVLGARI called Omnia Crystalline. The name confuses me, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me as a fragrance name but it doesn't matter because this smells so good! The description says it is notes of lotus flowers, bamboo and Nashi pear. I really like this, I might be tempted to pick it up in Sephora!
Lastly, the extra in the box was a notecard that you could use. It came in a bright pink envelope and it's pretty cute.


 Pretty successful box this month. I'm looking forward to watching the Birchbox videos on youtube to see if people got anything different, or just a regular box instead of the Gossip Girl one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...