Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Eve & Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you all got everything you wished for and then some. I would say it was success in my house. I feel a little strange doing an overview of everything I received  it just feels too much like bragging. I will do a review on some particular make-up items though :)

I thought I would share with you my adventure in baking from yesterday! I made buckeyes which are peanut butter dough balls dipped in chocolate. They were such a hit last year I had to make them again. I will put some pictures down below along with the recipe.
Enjoy!






Mom made frosted egg nog cookies!
Buckeyes
Ingredients:
480 ml or 2 cups of peanut butter
2-2.5 cups of confectioner's sugar
1/4 cup of room temp butter (you can do salted or unsalted)*
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
About 1.5 bags of chocolate chips (depends on how large you roll the balls)

Instructions
1. Put the peanut butter and the butter in a microwave safe bowl. If you are using unsalted butter you may want to throw a small pinch of salt in. I use salted butter to avoid that. Microwave for about a minute until it is smooth and mixable. 

2. Stir in the vanilla extract and the sugar until you get a dough. You can use an electric hand mixer or use a spoon. 

3. My tip is to put the bowl of dough into the fridge and let it get cold, it is easier to roll and make sure to cover your hands in some sugar so it doesn't stick. Roll into small 1in balls. 

4. Throw the rolled balls back into the fridge or even the freezer for a while. It makes it easier to dip in the chocolate.

5. After you melt the chocolate chips in a bowl (I just use the microwave and add in some crisco) using a toothpick dip each ball into the chocolate. The reason they are called buckeyes is because they look like the actual buckeye. You don't have to dip the whole thing but you are free to do so. 

6. Put back in the fridge or freezer until it is time to eat! You don't want to eat them before the chocolate has had time to harden. 

There you go! I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...