Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Skincare Favorites

When the colder weather changes my face likes to throw a tantrum. It gets weirdly dry in spots and it breaks out a little more. However, I have been using some amazing skincare items lately and I thought I'd share them with you!

Cleansers

I have been using two different cleansers one by Kiehls and one by Korres. Why two you ask? Well, a while ago I had bought a small set at a Kiehls counter that had some favorites like a body scrub, body lotion, face lotion, and cleanser. I really love this cleanser it is a gel consistency and it really cleans off everything well. I have used it while still wearing make-up and it gets it all off. 



Once I was finished with that, I had a set I bought from Sephora waiting to be used. It is the Wild Rose Regimen Kit by Korres. Korres is an all-natural brand from Greece and I love their make-up and skincare. I'll do a more in depth review on Korres maybe in another post, like a guide to the brand. The set comes with a Green Tea Cleanser and it is great. It smells incredible and it is so nice on the skin, I recommend the Green Tea cleanser 100%.



Toners/Serums

I think I've mentioned this before but I am in love with the Eau Roma Water by Lush. It is a spray on toner and it smells just like roses and it leaves my skin feeling so refreshed. It is for more dry skin and it is a great spray for when you're done putting make-up on. I certainly think it keeps my make-up on longer. 



Also from the Wild Rose Regimen Kit from Korres is the Wild Rose Serum, which the kit says you can use alone or under your moisturizer. It almost has a minor oily texture to it, which is great for anyone with dry patches. I always get really flaky between my eyebrows (weird, I know) and now it is totally gone. 

Finally, I adore the Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum. It might be more the smell than anything else, because I still find the Wild Rose Serum more moisturizing. However, it smells incredible and I felt like it really brightened my skin up which is a welcome treat in the winter time. 



Eye Creams

I received a sample of this in a Sephora order but I am certain this is a holy grail item for me. It is the Clinique Even Better Eyes Dark Circle Corrector. I always have dark circle, and I am pretty sure mine are more hereditary and this works miracles on them. It almost looks like a correcting concealer because of it's color but it is pretty liquid like. I am buying the full size when I can find a spare $40 somewhere. I think it is well worth the money though. 



Also in the Wild Rose Regimen kit is the Evening Primrose Eye Cream. I can't say too too much yet, because I've only been using it for a little but I love the creamy feel to it and it feels like it plumps the skin around my eyes pretty well. 

Moisturizers

Okay so very quickly, I have three moisturizers to speak of. In the Kiels gift set I bought there was the Ultra Facial Cream and I honestly think this may be one of my holy grail products. It is so moisturizing without being greasy and I have been trying not to use all of it up yet! 



Then with the Korres kit, there is the Wild Rose Moisturizer which is very similar to the Ultra Face Cream except it is a little less moisturizing in my opinion. Also, it smells like roses...but I love that. 

And lastly, for something I've been using for a while on and off is the Korres Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial. It is meant to be used at night  cream and I love this stuff. It is a tad bit more on the greasy side but I think that is okay for a nighttime cream. 



So there you go! My recent skincare favorites! What have yours been? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...