Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Tuesday: Happy Valentine's Day

 

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I know this is going up after midnight but oh well, I just got home. Since today was crazy busy and I spent the night with my boyfriend, I'm excusing myself from the regular Tuesday post. I will post tomorrow's regular post and a catch up post for Tuesday later on today (Wednesday). So I hope you all had a good Valentine's day! ^ Those are the flowers Shaun gave me tonight :) 

Today I saw a lot of mixed feelings about Valentine's day. At work, the kids were incredibly excited and revved up. On Facebook, half the people were happy and the other half cursed the holiday. I personally, enjoy this holiday. Sure it sucks if you don't have a significant other, but you know what? That isn't what it is all about. You get to stop and think about all the different love in your life. I get to reflect on the love I have from my brother and my parents. Honestly, I have the best and most supportive parents in the world, and I get to really remember how much they love me today. 

I get to think about my friends, even though most of them are out of state at the moment, I know that if I need them they are there for me. I get to see little kids at work get excited because they got a bunch of Valentines, and maybe that one special little boy or girl gave them candy and that made the entire day better. I honestly wish people would celebrate the love they have in their lives like this everyday. Today is not the only day someone can make a grand gesture. Go buy your mom or girlfriend flowers just for the hell of it. I promise you, you will see a smile so big it'll make your own heart grow a little. (Yes, I know how corny that sounds...give me a break) Why wait til Valentine's day to buy a little gift for someone, or take them out on a nice date? 

We are all so preoccupied by life, stress, and whatever else that sometimes we forget to show appreciation for the little things we have. I know I can do that myself. I've had some rough months with the surgery and being sick, but I had parents who did everything in their power to make sure I was okay, a boyfriend who would come see me and hold me even with a big stupid brace on, and a puppy who would make me smile. Not everyone is so lucky, and those who are should always take the time to remember that. 

Happy Valentine's Day everyone, I love you all :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...